Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The New Twitter is the Old Facebook

Picture1

The NEW TWITTER is here!

Some of the highlights…
  • A fresh and easy interface.
  • The ability to ‘Pin’ you tweet.
  • A notification bar that let’s you know someone is engaging with you.
  • Tweets that have received more engagement will appear slightly larger, so your best content is easy to find. (And as Social Media Experts we know how important engagement is.)
In short, Twitter’s profile pages now use browser-space more efficiently, fitting more in without cramping your view.
Twitter notificaton
As I wandered through, playing with it today, I had this incredible déjà vu. I got flash backs to years ago when I was an avid MySpacer. It was a tough choice to switch over to Facebook at the time… but that’s where everyone was going so I had to jump ship. (In other words, I didn’t want to go down with the ship)
What I saw then was basically what I saw today. A very simplistic, easy to use, FRIENDLY, common space for people to engage with each other…. just like I felt when I moved to Facebook.
Twitter has come beyond what I used to call “Online Texting” with it’s 140 character limit. (You can get more if you pay) Now you add pictures, check-in’s are available. and best of all…
Filtered Tweets: Now you can choose which timeline to view when checking out other profiles. Select from these options: Tweets, Tweets with photos/videos, or Tweets and replies. This is one area Facebook missed the boat. Instead of limiting the reach of your posts… the user get’s to pick out what he wants to see.
Capture
Look familiar? Just add your profile pic, upload a banner and viola! You have your old Facebook back.
For all you photo techies who haven’t checked it out yet…
Your best inset picture size is 400 X 400
Banner Size 1500 X 500
The New Twitter hasn’t reached mobile capabilities yet… it’s being tested as we speak… so expect it in the not-to-distant future.
So to all of you I say, “Welcome back to the old Facebook” … WHOOPS… I mean “Welcome to the New Twitter!”
Cheers!
Top Hat Terry
Social Media Phoenix

602-492-7272










No comments:

Post a Comment